Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mulch for Sale

We'll deliver to your door
if you buy 10 bags or more

Though I'm not usually the begging sort
high school lacrosse is a costly sport...

Before you say "No thanks" to me
I'll remind you of my generosity

"I'm on a diet!" I wanted to shout
But I bought Tagalongs from your girl scout

I subscribed to magazines last summer
to fund band camp for your snare drummer

You sold me more wrapping paper than I could use
 to pay for the golf teams' new golf shoes

Big donations for twin cheerleaders
Read-a-thon sponsor for avid readers

Bake sales for the high school talent show
car wash tickets and cookie dough

Your garden will look like a new creation
when I deliver the mulch bought with your donation

I appreciate your order, I hope you know...
I've gotta run...I still have 99 bags to go.









8 comments:

  1. This is a fine tribute! Fundraising gets overwhelming sometimes. We live in such a different world than when we were playing sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! So funny, yet SO true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think about the amount of fundraisers happening in my daughters schools, her dance studio, and in my friends' kids' schools, it's unreal. It gets so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like everyone has their hand out these days. Your poem made me smile. I needed that today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Me did so many of these when our kids were in school - a good cause, but not exactly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific. Sometimes it feels like the fund-raising never ends. Thank goodness it's for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! This line made me chuckle:
    "I'm on a diet!" I wanted to shout
    But I bought Tagalongs from your girl scout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! This line made me chuckle:
    "I'm on a diet!" I wanted to shout
    But I bought Tagalongs from your girl scout

    ReplyDelete